When it comes to the decision of purchasing an automobile, you should understand the benefits of opting for a gently used pre-owned vehicle as opposed to a brand new vehicle. Here at Car America, we believe having the right team of pre-owned vehicle specialists on your side can make a huge impact throughout your car buying experience. We have put together the infographic below to help potential used car buyers recognize some of the benefits they are likely to receive when deciding to purchase a pre-owned vehicle with Car America in Richmond, VA.
Get the Deal of the Century with a Used Car
Why purchase a brand new car when you can buy a gently used one for much less?
While a new vehicle has that great “new car smell,” purchasing a pre-owned vehicle is the more practical route to take in your car shopping journey.
Benefits of a used car:
• New cars depreciate in value by 10% once they leave the lot
• Value of a new car decreases almost 20% in the first year
• Another 15% drop expected in years two and three
• Less popular cars depreciate more quickly
More bang for your buck
• Little difference between a brand new vehicle and a fairly new one.
• Save nearly 35% on a three-year-old car.
• Save even more on a higher-mileage car in good condition.
• More pre-owned vehicles to choose from than new ones.
• Discontinued vehicles and older parts are also available.
• Used luxury and sports cars may now be affordable.
Save money on high insurance costs
• The cheaper the vehicle, the less you’ll likely pay for insurance.
• Compare quotes from at least three auto insurance companies.
• Less fees are required when purchasing used cars.
• Not every state requires documentation fees.
Checklist for Purchasing a Used Vehicle:
Prior to completing the purchase of a used car, be sure to thoroughly inspect it before leaving the lot.
• Examine exterior in daylight for rusty areas or dents
• Check interior for wear and tear
• Look for fluid leaks or puddles underneath
• Confirm fluid levels in the engine and transmission are appropriate
• Make sure nothing under the hood is out of place (i.e. unattached wires)
• Note current mileage
• Obtain vehicle’s service history
• Verify any accidents the vehicle was previously involved in
• Complete safety inspection
• Test drive the automobile
Finding the perfect pre-owned vehicle that fits all of your needs can be overwhelming. When you’ve finally spotted the used car of your dreams, it is crucial to mark off each of the listed requirements above before making your purchase to ensure that the car is safe and in good condition.
Popular Used Cars:
Named Safe by Edmunds: Buick LaCrosse, Chevrolet Cruze, Ford Taurus, Honda CR-V, Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot, Kia Optima, Nissan Altima, Volkswagen Passat, Volvo XC90
Recognized as Fuel Efficient by Consumer Reports: Toyota Prius, Toyota Yaris, Honda Civic, Honda Fit, Nissan Leaf, Volkswagen Golf TDI, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Considered Reliable by Forbes: Acura TL, Ford Fusion, Honda CR-V, Lexus ES 350, Lexus RX 350, Lincoln MKZ, Mazda MX-5 Miata, Toyota Highlander, Toyota Prius, Toyota Yaris
Where to Buy a Used Car:
Now that you’ve made the smart choice of buying a used car, you need to find a reputable dealership that can help you find the best vehicle for your needs.
When researching dealerships in your area to buy from, look for one that:
• Provides personalized financing solutions
• Has multiple positive reviews
• Is recommended by reliable sources
• Performs thorough inspections
• Receives their inventory from credible sellers
This will save you lots of time and trouble!
Brought to You by Car America:
Car America is a trusted used car dealership you can rely on.
• Strong relationships with over 40 different lenders to include Credit Unions (local and federal)
• Specializes in used car financing for all types of buyers
• Performs unique inspection process for every pre-owned vehicle
• Spends $1,200 on average (twice as much as industry standard) to prep each vehicle to sell
Phone number: (804) 675-0100
Call Car America today to purchase your next pre-owned vehicle!